Friday, May 10, 2013

My Top 5 Favorite Cocktails: Try these for your next girl's night out or just to relax at home

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk.  That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. " ~Ernest Hemingway

******

   It's the weekend, ladies! Time for a cocktail! I like to drink. I'm not gonna lie about it. I mean I don't go overboard like I used to when I was a youngster or nothin, but I do enjoy a bottle glass of wine on occasion. Moscato is the all time best as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes we moms need a little something extra to wind down though. And when that time comes, I like to drink something a little stronger than the wine. Check out this list of my top 5 favorite cocktails.

#5  Mimosa:

We southern girls love our mimosas! We can drink these as soon as we wake up and can justify  it since it has orange juice in it.





prgrsvimghttp://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4890405362009768&w=80&h=80&c=8&pid=3.1&qlt=90 
Source: bing.com/images

Ingredients and Directions:

- 2 oz. orange juice

- chilled champagne

Pour orange juice into a collins glass over ice cubes. (I personally prefer to use a champagne flute.)
Follow with champagne to the top of the glass. Mix very gently.

#4 Madras:

I had this for the first time in one of Atlanta's best restaurants, Houston's. It's yet another simple drink that uses my favorite liquor, vodka.


prgrsvimghttp://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4841056188238091&w=80&h=80&c=8&pid=3.1&qlt=90 
Source: bing.com/images

Ingredients and Directions:

-3 oz. cranberry juice

-3 oz. orange juice

-1 oz. ruby red  grapefruit juice ( This isn't part of the original recipe but I like to add this to it. It gives it a little more tang.)

-1.5 oz. vodka

Stir in high ball glass.

#3 Cape Cod

I know y'all are probably noticing atrend of vodka, but what can I say? I like vodka! :)


Ingredients and Directions:

- 1.5 oz vodka

-4 oz. cranberry juice

Mix and serve in a highball glass.

#2 Jager Bombs:

Jagermeister is an awesome liqueur. Couple it with some red bull and you have a masterpiece. This gives you a smooth buzz like no other!

 
Source: recipecan.com 

Ingredients and Directions

- 1/2 can of Red Bull

- 1 - 2 oz. of Jagermeister

Pour the Red Bull in a medium sized glass. Drop in the shot of Jager. (shot glass and all) and chug, chug, chug!

And for the #1 favorite cocktail of all time is... Drum roll please...

#1 Amaretto Sour

This is the best tasting drink of all time! It's the perfect combination of sweet and sour. The best amaretto to use for this is Di Sorono, hands down. It's a little on the expensive side but the quality is stellar.

Light brown cocktail over ice in old fashioned glass with cherry and orange twist, blue background 

Ingredients and Directions

  • 2 ounces amaretto
  • 1 ounce lemon juice
  • Optional: granulated sugar for the rim (or about 1 teaspoon)
  • Maraschino cherry
Rub the rim of an old-fashioned glass with lemon juice, then dip it into a pile of granulated sugar several times until the rim is covered with sugar. Shake the amaretto and lemon juice without ice, then strain into the glass over ice. Garnish with a maraschino cherry. An orange round makes a nice additional garnish.

******

       Now that I'm a little older, I really drink to relax as opposed to doing it to get drunk. And these really got me in the mood to enjoy one of these fantastic drinks tonight! If you need some mommy time, go ahead and make you one of these.

       Oh and if you're not too buzzed yet, make sure you subscribe to my blog so you always stay in the loop with my drinking habits. HaHa. Also, I'm trying to make it to the top of topmommyblogs.com, so I would love for you to vote for me. Just click the button at the top of the side bar and that counts as a vote. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend! Over and out. (I've always wanted to say that, tehe.)

~Jess



No comments: