Thursday, May 2, 2013

Someone Should Close Down Bank of America!!!! Now!: The Chronicles of a Harried Pissed-Off Mom...

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.  I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."  ~Mother Teresa

******

       I will never quite understand why some people don't consider being a mom, the toughest job on Earth. At least if you do it somewhat correctly it is. Today has just been one of those horrible, stressful days. It all started from my Child Support, Visitation, and the Absentee Dad post. My bank ended up closing my bank account because Jerry deposited 2 bad checks into it. I have been fighting with Bank of America for a week. They wouldn't release the $300.00 that I had in my account until the account closure was officially wrapped up and THEN they would send me a cashier's check for it. Send me a check?! That money was to pay my rent! My rent was due yesterday! I called 3 days ago to see if they would just release the money to me if I were to come up to my local Bank of America. They said it would take 3 days for a response from the corporate office. Well, today it was actually approved. So I took my happy butt to the bank only to be told that they couldn't give me the money because my license had expired! They did, however, show concern that the corporate office closed my account for someone else's bad checks. They did a little investigating for me and found out that Jerry had been writing me checks from a closed account! 

      I quickly made my way up to the Locust Grove DMV to renew my license, got seen in record time, and sped back for the bank. Not so fast though, Jess. Only after getting stuck in traffic that was caused by an 18-wheeler that was blocking the entire road, was I able to make some real time. And I only had 15 minutes to make it to the bank! I made it to the intersection where the bank was, with 5 minutes to spare. Once the light turned green I punched it and barreled into the parking lot on two wheels. I made it! They. Were. Closed. Closed! Before 5 o'clock! They closed at 4 :( It was 4:32 when I finally made it up there. They only stay open 'til 5 on Fridays. Why couldn't it be Friday? So needless to say, my husband and I have to drive 100 miles to the rental management office to drop off the money order so the rent won't be late. Thanks Jerry and Bank of America! How could I ever repay y'all?

       I finally made it home, only to have to incessantly fight with my 3 year old Adrian. He has been acting a fool lately. And I mean a BIG fool! Screaming, dropping f-bombs (which were quickly followed by a good dose of "hot" sauce; it's not hot at all) I'm tired... 

       As I was sitting, typing this post, my daughter Savannah feels the need to inform me that she was dared to do something today.
       "Well, what was it?" I asked, expecting to hear that she was dared to kiss a boy or to stick her tongue out at the teacher when her back was turned. Yeah, right.
       "A boy at school dared me to pick up a pile of ants." She answered, nonchalantly. I turned away from my computer and looked at her.
       "You didn't do it, did you?" I asked, knowing good and well that she would NEVER do anything like that. She started laughing. 
       "Yeah, and I only got bit 7 times!" She retorted gleefully.
       Yup, time for a beer....

       On a good note though, my oldest daughter Evie got awarded "Student of the Month"! It's a very prestigious award at her school and she was picked amongst a lot of other kids. Apparently, I'm doing something right...

       I hope you enjoyed my whining for the evening. Y'all are always more than welcome to come here to whine if you'd like. Like I always say, mommies need good support systems! Don't forget to subscribe and I will always shoot over my latest published post. Also, I would love for you to follow me on all my social media pages (right sidebar) and please make sure you vote for me at topmommyblogs.com. Just click the "Vote for me" banner in the right sidebar! Thanks for stopping by!

~XoXo Jess
       

2 comments:

Jessica @ The Wondering Brain said...

Hi Jessica,

Boy! I feel you! That's why he's an ex. I have one of those too. DORKS! Thanks for stopping by my blog! If you have a chance blog hop with us there too. I'm hosting a blog party all weekend long :)

Jessica
The Wondering Brain

Krlenen said...

Yes, Jessica ,they are most certainly dorks! It's always nice to have someone who's been through the same thing. And I will definitely check out the blog hop. Thanks for stopping by!

~Jess