Monday, May 13, 2013

The Secret: Time to be positive and change my life

"If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."  ~Mary Engelbreit

******

        My parents were never that great with money. There were quite a few times when our gas was disconnected because we didn't have the money to pay it. Phone was off most of the time and my parents were constantly struggling. They were great people, it just always seemed like they had terrible luck. Cars were always breaking down, my dad was injured while restoring his dream house and he lost his job... it was always one thing after another in our family. My parents did the best they could. Or so they thought. Their lives before they found each other were not easy. My mom grew up where her dad beat her mom. Not just a slap here and there, but really beat her. My sweet grandmother eventually left my grandfather. My grandfather eventually paid the price for tormenting her by having his legs cut off from his diabetes. 

       My daddy's life was a little different but his life was molded by a mean mother. She treated him different. Treated him like he was nothing. She treated him like he was never good enough. Still does.

       The purpose of writing about my parents early life and the way I grew up, is to illustrate the power of negativity. My parents grew up in negative households and carried that with them into adulthood. That negativity rubbed off on me. I believed my dad was cursed because he always said he was. Therefore, I believed I was cursed. I have went through the same things that my parents went through. I have suffered many utilities being disconnected. I have had numerous cars break down. I have had failed relationships. I'm just cursed. Wrong! I was taught that bad things are gonna happen to me no matter what I do. My parents lived that mantra. But come to find out, we attracted these things to us. We visualized failing, therefore we failed. We complained about how bad things happen to us no matter what and voila! Bad things happened to us! I swear, I'm always talking about how my cars are always pieces of junk and guess what? They always break down! I always thought that the situations caused my negative thinking, but in actuality, my negative thinking caused the situations! So if y'all are wondering how I came up with this epiphany, I'm going to tell you. I watched a documentary on Netflix called "The Secret" today. The funny thing about this is that I was actually given this movie about 4 years ago but never got around to watching it.

       "The Secret" is all about the laws of attraction and the way our thoughts and feelings attract certain situations. Once I saw this movie, I thought back to a bunch of scenarios when I thought of something negative and it actually happened. I also thought of many ways when I had a positive attitude about something and something positive happened. I always attributed it to something more telekinetic, but I guess in a sense it was. I have had a lot of negative things happen in my life but I have realized that it's all been because of my attitude and the way I chose to handle any given situation. But it's just as easy to have a good outlook as it is to have a bad one. And if you reap awesome rewards from having a positive outlook and sending good vibes, what are you losing?

      According to "The Secret", being grateful is a good way to start this "getting by postive thinking" way of living. Yes, you may want a nicer house, where the floor isn't falling in in the bathroom and where you can have central air and heat, but be thankful for that dilapidated house! Believe it or not, someone always has it worse than you and at least you have a roof over your head. Which is more than a lot of people have. Once you start being thankful for what you have, however little it may be, your way of thinking changes. You'll start being positive. 

       The act of visualization is a key player in attracting the things you want in life. You have to visualize that beautiful brand new house or that perfect health and actually live it in your mind before you can receive it. As corny as this sounds, my plan is to go into my room, dim the lights, and really meditate and visualize having money to pay bills and put my kids in all the extracurricular activities that they want to participate in. I'm gonna talk to myself and talk to what it is that I want. What could it hurt?

       Another thing is to actually believe you can have all that you want. If you don't believe it will happen, it won't. Once again, why waste time being negative when it takes the same amount of time and energy to thing positively?

       Receive what it is that you want. If you want that brand new Nissan 370Z calling your name everytime you drive past the dealership, visualize yourself receiving it. And how your life is changed from getting it.

       I am so thankful that I finally decided to watch this movie because it made so much sense to me. I have always been really in tune with my thoughts and feelings but never took the time to explore this subject. Aside from the one C-section I had, I gave birth to my other 3 kids with no epidural because I"m terrified of needles. But I was able to do this by focusing and "going to the beach" in my head. I would find a spot on the wall and "go to the beach". It always worked and in no time, I popped a baby out. Your mind is more powerful thanyou think. Use it for some good.


       Don't forget to subscribe to stay up to date with all my posts and I would love for you to vote for me on topmommyblogs.com . Just click the TMB button at the top of the right hand sidebar and help me get to the top!

~XoXo Jess

       

No comments: